An SUA lawsuit is a type of personal injury case in which a person who is injured in a sudden unintended acceleration accident seeks compensation for damages, including medical bills, lost wages, permanent disabilities, property damage, and pain and suffering. Gaining widespread attention, sudden unintended acceleration occurs when defective vehicle equipment causes the car to gain speed and be unresponsive to the braking system, regardless of a driver's actions.
According to the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA), SUA in Toyota vehicles has resulted in 34 deaths and multiple injuries.
If you or a loved one has been victimized by a Toyota SUA accident, our highly skilled accident lawyers welcome you to attend a free initial consultation to find out if you have a legitimate case. We will thoroughly evaluate the details of your case and will fight aggressively to ensure you recover the maximum compensation you are entitled to.
• Toyota claims that defects with floor mats and accelerator pedals are the only causes of sudden unintended acceleration in their vehicles
• Many independent auto safety experts have reported that they think that defects in the vehicles' electronic systems have contributed to sudden unintended acceleration
• Toyota continues to deny that electronic system failure plays a role in SUA
• Recall have affected approximately 10 million Toyota vehicles, with about 20 percent of these requiring more than one recall service
• As of February 2010, Toyota had only repaired 6 percent of the vehicles affected by the recall
• Toyota reported that sales of its vehicles had decreased by nearly 40 percent since the national recall
Our attorneys provide free consultations to people who believe they may have a legal claim. During an initial consultation, prospective plaintiffs are encouraged to ask questions regarding their case so they fully understand their legal rights. Those with legal claims can immediately secure professional, aggressive legal representation at the end of this consult.
• Gathering all necessary evidence, including police reports, witness statements and photographic evidence of the scene/involved vehicles
• Thoroughly examining the opponents arguments to point out inconsistencies, fallacies and other weaknesses
• Securing expert testimony to support clients' claims
• Aggressively representing their rights in all necessary legal proceedings
• Working tirelessly to get victims through the legal process as efficiently and favorably as possible
If you think you may have an acceleration-related case, please contact our law offices today. Call toll free (800) 644-1883 or fill out the contact form and an experienced attorney will be in touch shortly.